Saturday, September 15, 2007

100 Things About Me

**Disclaimer: I don't actually expect anyone to read all of these---I am just doing this because I've seen many other people doing it lately and I wanted to see if I could think of 100 things about myself.....
I'll start with easy, obvious stuff and work on the harder stuff at the end.....

1. I'm 28 years old.
2. I'm the oldest of 3 girls.
3. My parents still live in the same house they lived in before I was born......
4. ....so the first time I ever moved was to college.
5. I used to LOVE running track and cross country.
6. I can only run for about 10 minutes now----working on that......
7. I used to hold Decatur Middle School and Decatur High School's high jump record.
8. I played basketball since I was in 5th grade.
9. I didn't try out for cheerleader, ever, because I was afraid I wouldn't make it.
10. I like using sharpie markers.
11. I hate the smell of sharpie markers.
12. I worked out at CDR for 3 1/2 years.
13. I didn't know what CDR was until I went out there my first time to be a camper....
14. ......at age 18!
15. I met the love of my life out there.
16. I knew I liked him the moment that he walked in the mess hall doors.
17. I remember what he was wearing that day.
18. I partly credit Jodi with mine and Jeremy's relationship beginning.
19. I told Jeremy at the beginning of us dating that I liked to watch college football on TV on Saturdays.
20. Actually, I don't really like doing that.
21. I hate it when my toenails get too long and brush up against my socks.
22. I don't wear socks unless I have to.
23. I would wear flip flops year round if I could.
24. I don't like getting pedicures because I am ticklish.
25. I don't like having my toenails un-painted.
26. I'm envious of both of my sisters and the cool things each of them do/have done.
27. I can't snow ski very well.
28. I can't water ski at all.
29. I can knee board.
30. This list is becoming a challenge for me now.
31. I love the color pink!
32. I think I look horrible wearing the colors yellow or orange.
33. I am not a home-body.
34. I go stir-crazy very easily--I have to leave the house at some point every day.
35. I am not a perfectionist---I do things just to get them done.
36. I actually like to clean my bathroom.
37. I hate doing laundry.
38. I am not a late sleeper--7:30 is usually it.
39. I read magazines, not books, usually.
40. I own an IPOD Nano.
41. It is hot pink!
42. I like choc. chip cookie dough.
43. I don't like choc. chip cookies very much.
44. Or any cookies at all, for that matter.
45. I love cherry-o-cream pie.
46. I think that is our family's made-up name for that pie.....
47. I eat my food in order from least favorite to most favorite.
48. I don't really care for dessert.
49. I never knew I could love anyone as much as I love Cassidee.
50. I can not stand when she starts whining---it's my breaking point!
51. I secretely hope that Cassidee has blonde hair all her life.....
52. .....because I always wanted blonde hair growing up.
53. I have blonde moments, although my hair is brown---ask Jodi about the drivers license incident!
54. I honestly hoped Cassidee was a boy at first.
55. I loved the fact that I was having a girl!
56. I have very little self-confidence some times.
57. I am not a great cook, although I really want to be.
58. I like going grocery shopping.
59. I do not like going to the grocery store for just one thing.
60. I like the way carpet looks when it was just vacuumed.
61. I don't like to be late getting places.
62. I don't want to be the first person somewhere either.
63. I am not patient, at all!
64. I really want to have 3 more kids.....
65. .....I'm betting that I may only have 1, 2 at the most.
66. I'm not a very organized person.
67. I would love to hire someone to organize my closet, my desk, and my pantry.
68. Oh wait, I live with an organizational freak---I'll ask him!
69. I don't like scary movies.
70. I don't like going to concerts.
71. My first CD was Clay Walker.
72. My first concert was Clay Walker--in college.
73. I like to do things in even numbers.
74. I really don't like the fact that Jeremy is gone for 24 hours at a time.
75. I am still a little scared of being home alone at night.
76. I have always been afraid of someone coming in my house at night.
77. I am scared of there being a fire in my house.
78. Stuff always happens to our house when Jeremy's at work.
79. I am scared of being trapped in something.
80. I am claustrophobic.
81. I use nose spray every night before I go to sleep....
82. .....because I have horrible allergies and can't breathe.
83. I used nose spray every day until I was 16 weeks with Cassidee and the dr. told me to stop!
84. I own a Chevy Trailblazer.
85. I'd love to have a Dodge Charger.
86. I don't know why since I really don't like cars.
87. I say stupid phrases like "super duper".
88. I'd live in Hawaii....
89. ....if I could afford to.....
90. .....and if my parents did.....
91. ......and if some friends did.....
92. .....I'll retire there.
93. I'm scared of Jeremy dying before me.
94. I'm scared of not giving Cassidee every single thing that I can.
95. I'm scared of having another baby because I don't want to take any attention away from Cassidee.
96. I love my new job!
97. I love staying home more with Cassidee this year.
98. Jeremy is my hero.
99. Cassidee is my hero.
100. It took me 26 minutes to make this list.

And here's a bonus:
10 Things About Jeremy

1. He has to have everything symmetrical at all times.
2. He will get out a ruler, yard stick, tape measure, level, and pencil to put something up on our walls.
3. I ONCE hung a picture on our wall and he got so mad (because, of course, I didn't do it right) and proceded to give me a lecture on why we use a level and yard stick when hanging things on a wall.
4. He likes things straight---diagonal or slanted things throw him for a loop!
5. He is freaky like the man in "Sleeping With The Enemy" that arranges the cans in the pantry and has all the labels facing out the same way--SCARY!
6. He hates the way I fold his shirts---he folds them so that they fit a certain way on the shelf.
7. He has to take a lot of crap from me for being such a FREAK of nature!
8. He loves his job and is very, very, very good at it!
9. He loves his family and does whatever any of us need him to do, whenever we need him to do it!
10. He is the best husband and father I know, except for my dad, and loves his family very much!

4 comments:

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

I want you to know that I read it all, and I did enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

kendra, you are so funny and i love you for being exactly who you are. love becky

Jodi said...

I think I knew all of those things about you except for the knee boarding thing. When do you do that?! And that you were a record holder in track. I knew you were good, but I didn't know you were a Decatur celeb. Congrats. :)

You are so my sweet, quirky, weirdo friend and I love you. You are SO super-duper. (as is your weirder husband.)

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late commenting on this one but you are one special person and I have to say no weirder than the rest of us. Love Barbie