Saturday, October 10, 2009

First Soccer Game and More!

Jeremy and I were super excited that when Cassidee turned 3 she wanted to play soccer. We both played as kids (and Jeremy did up and into high school too) and we were excited that she wanted to as well.
Her first game was 2 weeks ago.
She was smiling before it started.....

And concentrating really hard with her tongue out (dumb blurry picture!)

She even played a little bit!
And scored a goal!
Just kidding! This was practice before the game!

She got a little pep talk from daddy before the game started!
But she came off the field in tears during the game.
Why?
Because no one would share the ball with her.
It's hard to teach a 3 year old that they can take the ball away from the other team. She likes it when eveyone shares....hard to argue with that!
Jeremy and I missed her 2nd game. I wish I had all the pictures uploaded to show off, but I don't yet. My parents took her to that game because J and I were on a cruise. We went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman (Caymon?--I just realized I don't know how to spell that) and Cozumel.
The only pictures I have are of us in G.C. swimming/feeding the sting rays!


I tried hard to be brave, but they are so darn big!

Yesterday we took the kiddos and in-laws to the State Fair. Cassidee feels like a pro now with this being her 3rd time to go. She knew what she wanted to do!
We stopped to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean do high dives into a pool....it was freakin' freezing!

But I love dressing my kids in their long sleeves and jackets!!
Poppy and Cassidee (with a huge smile due to major bribery with ice cream)





Our traditional picture of Cassidee in the pig.
I guess Cason will be the cow from now on!












Cass was off and running at one of her favorite places!
Cason was trying hard to keep up!











I wish you could see Cason's John Deere Tractor shirt he was sporting!













I don't have a pic of Cassidee riding the Caterpillar Roller Coaster
(or Ca-piwwar Coaster Coaster, as Cass calls it)
But her favorite end to the day was getting to drive Lightning McQueen around!




















2 comments:

Jennifer K said...

What fun your family is having!! I can't believe how big Cass is getting. She looks like a little lady! :) What a great looking family. Glad you had fun on your cruise.

Bunch of Oranges said...

wow ya'll have been busy! Haven't had a chance to check blogs...got caught up and I love love the pics.. especially the soccer girl and the rib man! Awww so cute! Noah had to look at your sting ray pics like 5 times...too cool! Love ya'll... still have your dishes... try to get them up to school.