Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My little Cinderella & my one month old!

I put Cassidee to work yesterday while we were at home! I figured that since she's two now why not make her earn her keep! We began by sorting some clothes that Carson gave to Cason. Cassidee decided that the puppy over-alls were really cute and wanted to wear them. Yes, my 28 month can fit in 3-6 month clothes....weird!

So after we sorted the baby clothes I made her help me fold our laundry.....
Then I made her put away the silverware from the dishwasher.....
And to top it off, I made her wash Cason's dirty bottles!
**Actually, she volunteered for all those things, which actually made me sad to think that she is getting big enough to sort and put away silverware and stuff like that. Big girl!**
She didn't have to work all afternoon, though. Daddy mowed yesterday and then turned on Cassidee's sprinkler. They enjoyed cooling off in the water!
Last weekend one of Cassidee's BFF's came to town. She and Reagan went non-stop for a few hours, playing, eating, playing, laughing, playing......They had so much fun!
Picnic lunch on the floor was a great start to the afternoon!
Too bad they were too excited to eat!

Then they each got a new big girl ballerina Barbie. Big sisters get new big girl toys!
And then there's Cason....

We love him to death and can not believe that tomorrow he'll be a month old! I'm still amazed by Cassidee and how much she loves him. I'm waiting for some resentment or some jealousy to come out at some point, but for now, she adores her brother. I can put him down somewhere and she always goes over and talks to him and plays with his toes. So sweet!

Every single morning when she wakes up and comes downstairs she asks me, "Is baby Cason awake? Can I hold him?" Precious!

Daddy's Cowboy will be one month old tomorrow!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love seeing pics of C with her little brother. They are so sweet!

Bunch of Oranges said...

ok tears in the eyes... the sibling thing is just unexplainable until you give them one! It gets sweeter everyday! I love my life of watching the two together... ok I am sooo jealous of the little maid you have. Can she come over? :) Happy 1 mth. Cason!

allyo said...

I love this post. Casidee is so cute with her baby brother. I just want to cover them both with kisses.

Ashley said...

Oh, so sweet! I love the pictures of C and R too. Just precious.

How can Cason be a month? Time really does fly

the campbell family said...

What a sweet big sister! If she's for hire she can do my dishes any day. We'll swap because Riley likes to clean toilets - we have yet to figure out what's wrong with him. You've got a couple of beautiful kiddos!

Melissa Taylor said...

She is such a big girl - can she come to my house and wash dishes? They both look so cute. You guys have done good.