Sunday, December 14, 2008

I hate how time flies....

5 MONTHS!
Seriously, time flew by with Cassidee, but with Cason I blink and it is gone. Wow!
Here's my little man with his monkey. Not the best smile, but he was being sweet with his arm around Mr. Monkey!

His personality has really started showing itself. He "talks" all the time, just like Cassidee did. He wakes up in the morning doing that, which is pretty cute, and gives me an extra 5 or 10 minutes to wake up! He started eating rice cereal at about 4 months. He didn't like it at first, but caught on pretty fast. We have also started veggies.....green beans were first.....and so far green beans and green peas are a hit!
We put him in his jumper for the first time the other day. I think he was ready for a nap by the time we did it because he didn't seem too thrilled, but he did smile a lot when Cassidee was helping him bounce. I do have to say.....Cassidee took this picture of him--pretty good for a 2 year old!
He has -finally- started to try to roll over. He is very content wherever he is, usually, so when you lay him down he really doesn't care about rolling onto his tummy. He's rolled from his tummy to his back, but this is as far as we get going the other way.



And now for the Christmas card out-takes. I may do our card next year that is just out-takes. They are pretty funny.....


Weirdo!

Oh my word!


Did anyone else happen to notice that the problem with the picture was because of my 2 year old. Hello.....she understands "sit and smile." My 5 month old was fine.....Cassidee must have a mind of her own! :)
The next two are the cute ones! I LOVE matching p.j.'s!
And while we are on the subject of " I can't believe how fast time flies...." , let me just say that I can't believe how big Cassidee is getting. She knows how to use my cell phone. I'm not kidding. She knows what speed dial number Jeremy is, so she calls him at work. I was on the phone with him the other day and asked him if he wanted to say goodnight to Cass. He said that he had already talked to her. I asked him when and he said that she had called him a few minutes before. OKAY!?!? I don't think she's called anyone else.....but, she knows how to scroll down the phone book and can recognize Amie's name. I don't know if she's called her by herself yet or not, so Amie, here is your warning!
-
My big girl got to ride in her very first parade last weekend. We were in the Parade of Lights on the fire department float. Kids of the firemen got to ride, and Cassidee wanted to, so we signed up. It was so stinkin' cold! She did a good job waving to the first few people, then we just snuggled to stay warm. The picture isn't great, but my mom was trying to video and take pictures all at the same time. I'm the dorky person in the red jacket that is pointing!


Now, I'm off to wrap some Christmas presents. Yes, for those of you that know how behind I was in shopping, I actually braved the stores yesterday and got some presents. I'm not done, but I have made a dent in my list finally!
Happy Holidays!
And, keep praying for baby Brooklyn.....she's so cute I just want to kiss her!







4 comments:

Ashley said...

Such cute pictures. Love the matching PJs. Carley's favorites were peas and green beans always and it was so cute.

Bunch of Oranges said...

adorable pjs! ok so I AM jealous of the parade! Looks like a blast!:)

Tracy said...

Love the pj pics :)

And I'm with 'ya. I hate how time flies! The kiddos are growing up too fast!

The Blakes said...

Yes, the time does fly! But, I CAN NOT TELL YOU how ADORABLE those PJ pictures are. I want to pinch both of your children! They are so CUTE!!! I can just picture you getting up in the morning and kissing Cason's sweet face. He is growing so fast!