Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Our Tennessee Weekend

I still can't do the picture thing on blogger very well. These pictures are not in order at all, but I'll go thru and explain the best I can....

Pic #1- We rode on the General Jackson on Sunday afternoon. It's a river boat where we enjoyed a buffet lunch and country music show. It was a fun float down the river.


Pic #2-Cassidee's first airplane ride. She was exactly 6 months old on Friday and we left that morning for Nashville. She did really great! She was a social butterfly. She would turn around in the seat and talk to the people behind and beside us. That is probably why the guy next to Jeremy is listening to his IPOD...

Pic #3-On Saturday afternoon we had to run to the mall to find me a dress. Yes, I searched and searched in Lewisville for a dress for the wedding. I finally found one and, of course, I left it at home. It was still hanging in our closet when we got home on Monday....anyway....we went to the mall to find me a dress and ended up eating lunch at the Aquarium restaurant. It was great. It really kept Cassidee (and Jeremy) entertained! Jeremy says he wants a fish tank like this in our house??!!

Pic #4-Our family at the wedding. My husband looked so handsome in his tux! Too bad I didn't really see any of the wedding because Cassidee and I were in the cry room with another groomsmen's wife and child! Oh well, they had fun playing together!

Pic #5-We had airplane tickets to leave Nashville on Sunday night at 7:00. Jeremy and I ended up each taking $500 vouchers for a flight the next day. American put us up in a nice hotel and we enjoyed one more night in Nashville. Too bad we had no luggage and came home in the clothes we had worn all day the day before. Hope we didn't stink up the plane....And, how clean are you really when you take a shower and put all the dirty clothes back on? Is that shower even worth it??? :)

All in all we had a fantastic trip. It was nice to take a mini vacation and take Cassidee on a trip with us. There were a lot of "firsts" for her. Her first plane ride, her first trip out of the state of Texas, her first wedding, her first trip to the Dukes of Hazzard museum. Pictures of those in the next post.....



2 comments:

Jodi said...

Awesome trip! Sounds like you guys had a great time, and I am so sad we couldn't make it! You'll have to give me pointers about flying with infants before Thanksgiving!!

Jodi said...

Oh, and cute dress! :) :) :) Yours AND Cassidee's!