Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen... A Week in the Broom's house

WARNING--probably boring to most of you....and no pictures....I'm at school and have none to load....

1. Cassidee decided that she wanted to be mobile so she started crawling on Saturday night.

2. By Sunday, she really had the hang of moving her hands and knees. Jeremy is working this day, so he misses the real start of this.

3. By Monday, she is a crawling fool! All of us are on the floor cheering and clapping. Those parents with crawlers know the foolishness you feel as a parent when you are face down on the floor trying to cheer on your child and get them to crawl to you. You'll clap your hands, wave toys, and call their name over and over. It's like you are calling a dog!

4. Monday night--relapse in the sleeping department for Cassidee. Jeremy went back to work Monday at 7:00 pm, so I was up, alone, atleast 7 times before 1:00 am. We don't want to encourage her to sleep in our bed, but really, I needed some sleep by this point. I fell asleep to her patting my cheek and pulling my hair...

5. ...Tuesday morning, I wake up to Cassidee patting my cheek and pulling my hair.

6. Nana (Becky) watches Cassidee all day on Tuesday since Jeremy is in school right now. (Some of us really can't wait for him to be finished with that!)

7. Tuesday afternoon our friend, Chad Jones, (6th grade) calls and asks Jeremy to take him to the middle school football game. Cassidee and I tag along. She claps and has a great time!

8. Tuesday night my 4th grade students are performing a Veterans Day program at the PTA meeting. It is so beautiful and brings me to tears. Their last song is "From a Distance (God is Watching Us)" I'm bawling! They look so sweet!

9. On Wednesday Jeremy is back at work. He takes Cassidee to work with him to meet Becky up there. She is watching Cassidee again all day. Because they leave at 6:00 am I have plenty of time to get ready. I am out the door at 7:00 and reward myself with breakfast and a LARGE DP from Sonic. I'm never at school before 7:30...It's like a different world at that time! :)

10. Wednesday afternoon/evening Cassidee and I are home alone. She naps about 4:30 or 5:00 and I think that since the weather is so warm we will go walking around the neighborhood when she wakes up. When she does we walk out the door and it is dark. I forgot about the dumb time change. Scratch the walk. We do some baby aerobics in the living room instead.

11. On Wednesday night/Thursday morning we had another sleeping issue. This time it was no fault of Cassidee's. We have the occasional problem of her sleeping on her tummy so long that when she pee's it goes up the front of her on her jammies. Opposite problem last night. She slept on her back so long that it went that way. Changed jammies, didn't feel like changing sheets on her bed, so back in bed with me she goes. (We both sleep until 7:00 am)

12. My sister Kayla comes at 7:15 this morning to watch Cassidee. Jeremy is in school today. I ask her how much I would have to pay her to vacuum my house and clean my bathrooms. She says $20. I offer her an extra $5 to tell Jeremy that I am the one who cleaned so he'll think I am still a good housewife who can have a job and still keep the house clean. I have a feeling that he'll know who really did it.

13. Today my husband comes home. I know I'm talking like he's been out of town for a week or something, but that's what it has felt like. We haven't slept in the same bed since Saturday night....oops, that's not true, Tuesday night. Although, he spent half the night in the recliner with Cassidee since she has a stuffy nose and can't breathe when she is laying flat.

So, I don't have a point to all of this except, I can't wait to go home tonight and hang out with my husband and my mobile daughter....who just knocked all our picture frames off a shelf. My sister just called to let me know that Cassidee is pulling up (on our coffee table, on our shelf by the TV, on her exersaucer) and standing now....OH GREAT!

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Sounds like things are crazy in your neck of the woods. You are one smart housewife! Why? You paid your sister to clean and paid extra for her to say you did it! Now that is using your head!! I am filing that one away-have a good Friday and a GREAT weekend!

Anonymous said...

You sound really busy!! That wore me out just reading it. I am glad Jeremy is back--enjoy your family time! Have fun with the crawler!

tleaf10 said...

Hey Kendra...sounds like you're staying busy. Congrats on the crawling! just a tip...for those stuffed up nights - vaporub is a miracle morker! (wisdom from my Aunt duties) Hope your whole family is doing great!
-Terri Lee