Thursday, December 07, 2006

13 great things that have happened in our house in the last week....

Let's do this as a countdown....oh, and I couldn't find a "Christmas-y" Thursday Thirteen banner, so I thought that the beach is where I would always love to be!

13. Going to Larry and Rhesa Gray's house last Friday night.

12. Seeing a turkey in their backyard when we got there.....very random in the city.

11. Watching a black cat stalk the turkey!10. Cassidee meeting Roselyn!
9. Holding a baby that would stay still and not try to crawl out of my lap!
8. Teaching Cassidee to "Be Careful, Be Easy." Nope, she didn't get it!
7. Getting Roselyn's diaper changed....umm, three times?! This was not a momentous occassion in our household, but I know that it was a great day in the Spencer house when Roselyn pooped! (Rachel, she's going to kill me for writing about this one day, isn't she??)
6. Going to the Coppell Christmas Parade on Saturday afternoon. It was rather chilly outside!!!


5. Cassidee taking her first lick of a candy cane. I think she could take it or leave it.....she didn't act too impressed!

4. Cassidee meeting the fire clown after the parade. This was not a first for her, but I needed a #4!


3. Cassidee sitting on Santa's lap on Saturday night. Keep in mind it was 7:00 at night, it was FREEZING outside, and she was tired, hungry, and all the other normal baby things!



2. Getting to spend some time in Shreveport with Cassidee's grandparents and great-grandparents. Nanny had to have surgery, so we went with David and Becky to see her. We hope that she is doing good and we look forward to taking a nice picture of Cassidee with Nanny and Big Daddy when we see them again.

1 1/2. We stayed in a hotel in Shreveport and Cassidee loved playing with the closets mirrored doors. I just thought it was a cute picture!
1. This just made my week---right by the hospital Nanny was in at Shreveport was this restaurant. We found it on our way to lunch on Monday. We didn't stop to eat there--although I'm sure it is a tasty place--but I had to get a picture of it. I don't think I've ever had barbeque that I thought tasted good enough to slap my mama, but then again, I've never eaten at this place!!!

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Sounds like a full week! Love the "Slap My Mama Bar BQ!"

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

It is neat that Casidee and Roselyn got to meet each other. Hope the three of you are doing well and that I get to see you all again someday. Miss you guys,
Kaylee

Jodi said...

Well, Slap My Mama that was a great Thurs 13!!!

Jodi said...

I am sad to report that one of my parents' not-so-nice neighbors called animal control, and the turkey has been removed from the premises.

Rachel said...

What a precious baby you are holding! Why haven't you emailed me those pictures yet?