Friday, February 15, 2008

Swimmy Lessons and Valentines Day!

Last Saturday was Cassidee's first day of swimmy lessons. She LOVED them and didn't fight getting in the water one time. In fact, she cried as we got her out, dried off, and changed her clothes. We had to hold on tight to her....I think she would have gone back in the water with her clothes on!
=
The kids (and mommies or daddies) start out in the kiddie pool to get used to the water before moving to the big pool. I was sad that Jeremy missed her swimming debut since he had to work, but thanks to my mom and dad for coming and taking pictures and video. I think they sat in the grandparent section---they weren't the only grandparents with video cameras!
=
Does it make me so sad that Cassidee's swim suit is too short for her long-ways and way too big for her around her middle? YES, sad that my swim suits don't fit me like that! :-)

Getting in the big pool---seriously, her face looked like the whole time. She loved the pool!
Floating on her back. She even did good with this part when most kids were fighting against it.
On to Valentines Day!
My day started off wonderful! Not because I got flowers or chocolate or even a card.....Charlie came over to play while Amie ran some errands! Poor guy, at our house he always ends up sitting in or playing with something pink! (Bradley, I'll get this picture framed for you to set on your desk at work!!!!)
Cassidee loved that Amie and "puppy" (long story) had come over to play. By the end of the day she was actually calling him Charlie! We're making progress!
A little snuggle time while they watched some Dora--- sorry Amie, he watched TV.....
Then, so I could go take a nap and stuff, (JUST KIDDING) Cassidee gave Charlie his bottle. She did a great job--it was good practice for her! She didn't like that I sat and rocked him to give him his bottle, so he ended up like this. Our next baby may not ever get to cuddle with mommy if Cassidee has a say-so.Whew! Hard work feeding a baby! After Charlie fell asleep Cassidee re-claimed
her bouncy seat!
Hopefully we started a new holiday tradition last night over at the Way's house. We had dinner at their house, eating lots of red things, and having yummy dessert when we were finished. Here, Amie and Cassidee are having fun decorating their cookies with icing and sprinkles.Who really eats the cookie? We just lick the icing!

Amie convinced Cassidee that the easiest thing to do was just pour the sprinkles straight into you mouth! Yup, called you out Amie! Atleast I didn't tell that you taught her to dip her strawberries in sugar!!! :-) Seriously, love you!!!! :-)
Of course you can't eat all that and make a mess without taking a bath later! This was one of Cassidee's few times to mix bathe so she was rather excited!
Little bubble boy!
He is so squishy!!!
Cassidee helps clean his face!
So much fun! Hopefully that can be a new tradition for our families!



4 comments:

Sayrah said...

MIXED BATHING???? Dr. Money should be rolling in his grave, if he were dead! too cute! i laughed so hard at the picture of her in the corner before! can we put jeremy there too? email me so we can figure out when to do dinner!
sayrah721@yahoo.com

amie said...

Let me just say..had I not explained the sugar and strawberries thing she would have discovered it eventually!! We had fun at dinner..I am already planning my red menu for next year!! Of course next year we will move up to be the big tub with all the kids !!!

The Blakes said...

I am so sorry about her fall:( Ok, is your friend Aimee, Aimee Brannon (sp?) from ACU? If so I loved her!

Anonymous said...

love to see her suck hisdick