Monday, June 02, 2008

Our new purchase, big girl panties, VBS, and Cason's nursery....

I've got lots to cover so this will be short on words and long on pictures.....I hope!
-
Last weekend we bought Cassidee a kid-sized picnic table from IKEA. Nothing more to say about that except that it is her new love and she wants to take it in the car with us when we go somewhere....???!!!
(No, not an attractive look on her face.....she says "Cheese!" and this is what she looks like. Now I just tell her to smile!)

Sometime last week she started asking for her big-girl Dora panties to wear around the house. Now, I'm not going to lie....I don't really want to potty train her. Not because I want her to stay "my little baby" or because I love buying diapers. I just don't want to! Chalk it up to being 31 weeks pregnant too. Anyway, I guess we'll hit it hard this summer if she wants to. I still have one week of school left, so she's gotta let me get that over with! Anyway, she knows not to get Dora wet, so she's only had one accident in them so far after wearing them for a few days! Not bad! Anyway, I love that little cutie booty in big-girl panties! My (AWESOME!) parents and sister Kelsey came over on Saturday. We painted Cason's nursery! YEA! I love, love, love the color and the bedding looks great in there too! Now all I need is a baby in the bed and we'll be good to go! :)
-
My wonderful dad (seen painting the inside of the window) actually painted the ceiling twice. We had to do two coats of paint and he was the only one who could reach the ceiling without a chair. Poor dad---he was probably sore the next day!


Here is Kelsey looking less than thrilled to be helping. I had forgotten that she had painted her own room that whole week before, so coming to help me paint didn't seem like a great idea to her. But, I'm appreciative of her hard work.....and of her splatter painting my ceiling!

Here's mom doing her best touch-up work. She had the big (biggest) job of keeping Cassidee occupied and out of the paint!
Taking a much-needed Sonic break!
And here is what Jeremy did while we were all painting!!!
Just kidding! This was Jeremy all day Sunday. He came home from work that morning sick. He has the allergy/sinus infection/crap in your throat junk and I actually think he might have been running a fever. When he is feeling bad he needs to sleep it off---I hope Cassidee and I were quiet enough for him!

Since I knew we needed to be quiet I sent Cassidee outside!

There is a patch of dirt in our backyard that is her little play area. She loves to dig in it. Occasionally she asks for water so she can make mud. Sunday was her lucky day. Since her swimming pool wasn't aired up I found the only thing that I knew held quite a bit of water for her to play in......Jeremy's ice chest.....


She would dip water out of it into her watering can.....which is much smaller than the huge one in the picture.....and go "water" the dirt. This game lasted over 2 hours for her and I got a lot done in the house as far as cleaning the kitchen, the downstairs bathroom, washing clothes.....

UNTIL....

I saw her inside the ice chest. She was actually sitting in it when I first walked out. Now, I had been watching her the whole time......not watching like a hawk, but watching out the window every couple of minutes. She was totally fine! It just occurred to me that the lid could close on her or something freaky like that, so I ended the "getting in the ice chest full of water" game.

Instead we played "sit at your new table and eat grapes" game! She was fine with that since she went outside without even eating breakfast!
The rest of the day it was hard to get her to eat anything.....not sure why, but she didn't want anything I gave her or suggested. So, what did she finally ask for? Peanut butter!? She's never eaten it by itself.....usually it's on crackers, bread, something. But no, she just wanted a bowl and a spoon. So, she sat perfectly content for another 30 minutes eating peanut butter with a spoon. Sorry, Reagan, that you can't enjoy the goodness of PB!
Last night we went to Airport Frwy. C of C for their annual Vacation Bible School. I had signed Cassidee up, but when we got there we realized that it really started for 3 year old kids and up. Their theme is the Armor of God and you were supposed to wear camo. She was dressed and ready to go.....and they said she could even go with the 3 year olds......
I sat her with the 3 year olds.......she basically gave me the "No Way" look!
Then I asked Addison if she could sit with her. Of course Addison is so sweet to try to take care of Cassidee, but this is the only picture I got of Cassidee before we just left and went to Mexican Inn to eat.....I dont' think she's ready for VBS!
Lastly, here is Cason's nursery pictures. There isn't anything on the walls yet, but you can see the color.....a medium khaki color.....and the bedding. It wasn't my favorite bedding at first, but it is really growing on me now and I love it!
The quilt.....

Okay, so long on pictures and long on words....sorry......


9 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love the nursery bedding and color. But I have to admit, I got a little sad seeing Cass in her big girl panties! Those girls are growing up way too fast in my opinion. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in the bedding...Ryan's walls are the same color as your nursery...CUTE, CUTE!

Melissa Taylor said...

Okay, so I like what you guys finally chose! It reminds me of Jacob's bedding - the sports decor is so boy!

Addison said...

Ok, I love the bedding. Very nice. And I was wondering what happened to Cassidee at VBS. I didn't get to talk to you guys. I was hoping we didn't kick her out since she wasn't old enough. Way to go Addison for not calming her down. She's such a slacker. See you guys soon we hope. Thanks for trying to bring her over to see us!!

The Blakes said...

Love the nursery! Love the table! Love the pic of Cassidee crying in the camo!

Jodi said...

LOVE the nursery so far. I meant to write you that earlier, but forgot. :)

R is beside herself sad that Rozee left today, so HURRY!! :)

Ashley said...

SO cute! I love the nursery!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Love the sports blanket! Cute! Cassidee is the cutest stinkin kid! I just love her and her sweetness! What is she going to do with a brother?? :) Getting excited.... :)

Anonymous said...

I love your sexy cotton knickers princess but u r potty trained nowm you don't need knickers on let me pull those off and let the men see your nice fat, puffy, hairless toddlercunt