Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Update on our little man!

I hate to not post a picture of him, but I don't have a cord to connect my camera to the computer, so I can't get any pics downloaded yet. Later this morning I'll be able to do that.....


Cason's first night:

He is still in the NICU and still on the C-pap (that must not really be how you spell it since Amie spelled it differently, but that's how I'll spell it since I'm not a nurse.... :) He is on the lowest amount of air or oxygen or whatever comes out of it, so I'm not sure how much longer he will have to be on it. His other vital stuff like respirations and things are great. His nurse said he was doing good, but he's working a little hard to breathe and is fussing a little, so they gave him some medicine to help him calm down and sleep for a little while.

Jeremy and I went to see him an hour ago, but since he was sleeping so peacefully we didn't want to touch him or take pictures and disturb him so we only stayed 5 or 10 minutes. We'll go back to see him this morning when his doctor comes in to check him out.


Thank you to everyone who has called and checked on us. We appreciate the prayers to our boy. We are in Baylor G'Vine, room 252, if you are in the area and can stop by. We'd love company and are crossing our fingers that Cason is out of the NICU soon so that we can show him off!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats you guys!! We're so excited for you and can't wait to meet Cason. (And you're right...it's CPAP...continuous positive airway pressure...FYI)

Tracy said...

Congrats!!!! He sounds perfect!

The Keltners said...

Congrats guys! We can't wait to see him!!

Jodi said...

Glad he had a good night and that you got to go see him! I would be by room 252 in a HEARTBEAT if it wouldn't take me 5 hours to get there... I know you know that, but I had to tell you anyways. Love y'all!!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Kendra, glad to hear from you.

I will be in g-vine later tonight so I will try to stop by. even if I don't get to see Cason I atleast want to check on you.

Amber said...

I called Amie last night when I read that you were on bedrest. Congrats on your little man, I hope he and you both have a quick recovery!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Blakes said...

Hopefully we can come by soon! Love yall and your new little boy!

Adam and Kristen (or doodle for some) said...

Yay for Cason!!! We can't wait to meet him! Glad you're doing ok, and we'll see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Kendra, I just heard the wonderful news! I am so excited for you, Jeremy, and Cassidy to have that new little addition to your family. I pray that all goes well and that everyone is healthy soon:o) Congratulations!
Love,
Shannon