Sunday, June 07, 2009

My camera battery is dead.....

Therefore, there are no pictures with this post. ;-(

But, here is just a little Broom Family info to tide you over since we are going to be gone for a week.....

*Cassidee finished her two weeks of swimming lessons. Having to plan to be at a certain place at 5 pm every single day was tough, but we made it all the way through. She loved the first and second days of it. Days three thru six were a little more rough.....she decided she didn't like them making her swim under water, didn't like sliding into the water, didn't like jumping off the side into the water, etc. We missed one day in there for a 102 degree mysery fever. But, the last 3 days something clicked. She was back to LOVING swim lessons. (Jeremy thinks the bad days were due to her being tired and whatever was causing her to have a fever.....smart dad!) She spent the last three days swimming like a fish and I am so glad that these two weeks seem pretty successful. She really can swim underwater pretty well and is so brave that I will have to watch her like a hawk any time we are around water. She even tries to swim in the bath tub and makes sure I fill the bath tub "super full momma!" I'll catch her underwater with her eyes wide open just looking at me. Creepy but cute! We're trying to teach her to use goggles.

*Jeremy is completely gone from the house from morning until night every weekend, plus most days in between now that he is semi-in the bounce house business. That's kind of another story, but if anyone around here is in need of bouncers, combo units, water slides, etc for a party, let us know. We can get you hooked up! Click HERE to go to the Wild Wild Bounce website!

*And lastly, we will be gone this whole week. We are leaving this morning for Camp Deer Run. Jeremy is volunteering as the camp nurse this week. Cason is a little bit too young to go with us this year, so he is going to get some good Me-mommy and Grandaddy time at their house for a week. (Pray for them! :) We are taking Cassidee with us. We've been trying to tell her as much about camp as we can. She knows there is canteen, and I'm still trying to figure out how to keep her out of the cokes and candy 3 times a day! We've told her about doing crafts, swimming, riding horses, hanging out with the Pee Wee's if she wants to, singing songs---she is completely in love with the Cheuk night song right now. She asks to listen to it in the car all the time. I love how her little voice sounds when she is singing: "At night as I "way" on my "piwwow"...... so cute! I'm going to try to video her soon. She can't wait until we go on a cookout, play ball games, and she really can't wait to spend a week with Aunt Kelsey. She keeps telling everyone that she is going to camp to work with Kelsey. I have a feeling that we are going to be really tired at the end of this week!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I have been horrible at blogging lately so I am now catching up on our summer:

1. BOWS - I love making bows too. It is amazing how addicting and cheap it is! Yours look really good!

2. Swimming lessons - Carley starts tomorrow and I hope she loves them. She is good in the water, but doesn't go under very much. Hopefully they will get that going. She always gets a random high fever at the beginning of the summer, so I know that will be coming this week too!

3. Have fun at Deer Run!

The Blakes said...

I miss you! I was wondering where you were this morning. Yall have fun at camp!

Becky said...

have a great week. miss you all already. Cass, you'll have to teach me your song when you return. love you all, Nana