Friday, August 14, 2009

Cassidee vs. Mommy.....Who won?

(A little back-ground story....Cassidee hasn't been eating well lately. She won't hardly eat anything. We usually give her a favorite or two, plus a veggie that she doesn't care for too much....)

Mommy: Cassidee, as soon as you eat everything on your plate, you're going upstairs to take a nap.

Cassidee: (after eating everything except a few grapes and her peas) I'm ready to take a nap now.

M: No, you still have to finish your peas. I don't care if you sleep in the chair, you're not getting up until they're gone.

(Don't turn me in for being mean either....I only gave her 4 peas....)

Then I left the kitchen for 10 minutes to put Cason in bed and to fold a basket of laundry.

This is what I found when I returned.......


You might think that the story ends here and she won for falling asleep at the table.....WRONG!
She was faking. It was kinda funny because I really did think she was asleep. 2 minutes after snapping the pictures, and a few tears, the peas were gone and she was in bed!
Yet another small victory for mommy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who keeps teaching here this trickery? I know its not me.

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness...that is HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness... that little cutie pie STINKER! Faking asleep??!!! Crazy. Way to win, though, Mommy. :)

PS. If you are missing a Nemo cup like that princess one, we have it. No idea where it came from....

the campbell family said...

She must get that from her Daddy, because you would NEVER do anything like that :) And isn't she just too smart for her own good? Miss y'all, can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

i believe her daddy and i had a similar battle over peas. he had to sit at the table for several hours only to tell me a few years ago he never did eat them, he gave them to the dog when i was'nt looking. Her stubborness must be inherited

Ashley said...

You go girl!!!

Bunch of Oranges said...

You are hilarious! Love it!

Tracy said...

How funny!!!! haha :) Way to stick to your guns, Mom!!!