Sunday, August 30, 2009

I just hope he doesn't hate me someday....

I can already hear it.
Someday when Cason looks back at these pictures he will say, "Gee mom, why did you cut my hair like that?" My brilliant idea of using Jeremy's clippers on Cason's hair didn't turn out the way I had planned.....
-
Cason has great hair. It's pretty thick and has just enough wave to it that it's not curly or straight. I love it. But, I'm not a fan of long hair on boys, so I trim it atleast every other week. Mostly over his ears, in the front, or I fix his "duck tail" that he grows very well. I usually just trim it all over with scissors, but he isn't very patient anymore. I thought that clippers would speed the process......
Here is the before shot.....
See, cute little curls in the back (that form a duck tail when it dries).

Thanks to Cassidee for the "in process" shots.
And you know it's bad when Cassidee put the camera down in the middle of the whole thing and says "Holy Moly that's short!" Oh Great!

He actually sat really still and just looked at me in the mirror.


The back didn't look so bad.....



But the front.....my goodness! It is super different.
This picture is terrible and I don't know what is going on with the background lighting, but hopefully you can tell that it's really short.

When I called Jeremy and told him what I did he said, "You used a 2? All over? That's really short!" Uh, YEAH! I wish I had called him before I started cutting.....
But, like Jeremy said, it'll be back to normal in about 2 weeks!




7 comments:

Melanie said...

Too funny!! I'll never forget the first time we pulled out the clippers for Cohen's hair and Christian took the first swipe right down the middle in the front with a 2...we were both in shock and Christian beat himself up about it for days. Cason still looks absolutely adorable though...short or longer hair!!

Jennifer K said...

We use a 1 and short 2 on Zane so...I think he is adorable! I love short hair on botys!

Jodi said...

I think it looks cute!!! Yes, different, but cute!

Shara Smith said...

I think it is precious! I think all of us with boys have to do this at least once, right? He is such a cutie. I love short hair anyways!

Anonymous said...

Kendra sweetie, it's just hair,it will grow. he is precious no matter what his hair looks likeand i saw him,it's cute.love Becky

the campbell family said...

I love his short hair, and let's face it, nothing could ever make him any less adorable than he is! and on the plus side, it'll be nice and cool while it's still hot out :)

Cheryl said...

When I cut Carly's baby mullet, the result was nothing near perfect either. They'll get over it. Heck, theynever would have known if we didn't blog about them!