Thursday, August 27, 2009

That's what boys are made of....

Cassidee, Cason and I decided to go outside and enjoy the slightly cooler weather due to last night's rain. They were having a ball riding on the jeep and 4-wheeler and playing on the swing set. I ran inside to get a drink, check my phone, and was gone less than 3 minutes. I am glad I brought my camera when I came back out.
-

Cason immediately shows me what he's found.....yup, mud!

I decide to just let him at it.....we didn't have any plans for the day and it just might make him even more tired for his afternoon nap!
-
So, he tried to eat a little.....

Here he looks like he drank a little!


He figured out that it smeared really well on his legs!

A close up of the damage!




I kinda love days like today. We were outside for over an hour just playing. Aside from Jeremy not getting to play with us, it was a really great morning with my kiddos!
-
And, I've decided that boys are just made out of something completely different than girls. Cassidee loves her fair share of mud....but she makes mud pies, and little mud patties, and decorates them with grass clippings. Cason rubbed the mud all over his body, smeared mud on my back door, and ate some of it. Boys are so weird sometimes!

5 comments:

the campbell family said...

Boys are definitely special, don't know what I'm going to do with TWO of them! But I would have no idea what to do with a little girl either :)

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

*LOL* He is so cute! Marty still comes home COVERED in mud. It's definitely a boy thing!

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see what he does when he gets older!

Jodi said...

Makes me glad I have girls.... I don't do mud well. :) Sissy, I know.

Anonymous said...

love it! now just grab some soap and give him a bath in the backyard.easy as pie and great way to end a fun day. Love Nana