Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinosaur World, Lake, and Sea World!

We have had a crazy busy few weeks, and it finally looks like our summer is slowing down. We took the kids to Dinosaur World last week, and I'll say that we will be going back soon. It was small, but they LOVED it! Cassidee kept telling us what dinosaur was what. I had no idea she watched so much Dinosaur Train at home! The kids wanted their picture in front of EVERY. SINGLE. DINOSAUR., but I'll spare you the redundant pictures!

Did you think these were T-Rex's? We sure did, and took tons of pictures of them.....
Only to walk up, look at the sign, and notice they aren't t-rex dinosaurs. Oh well!

We decided to leave when Cason kept trying to climb the fence and pet the dinosaurs!


We left Dino World and headed to LBJ lake. Jeremy's grandparents live right on the lake! We went to the lake with the Way Family last year and we decided that it needs to be an annual trip for sure! We love going out on Grandad's boat!

These kiddos also love the boat! (Minus Charlie's bout with motion sickness)


Cassidee is completely F.E.A.R.L.E.S.S when it comes to riding in the tube. You can't ever go fast enough for her! She loves the bumps, jumps, twists and turns! Definitely my little dare devil!



I wouldn't call Cason a dare devil, but he rode the tube without crying in the end. He's not a huge fan of water, so he was a little intimidated at first. He warmed up to it in the end!
He preferred to hang out on the boat and wear gay hats instead!

Love this pic!

Gotta brag on my honey for a minute....
He's never wake-boarded ever. He got up on his 3rd try and did really well! I think he liked it!

Amie and I found some super classy tattoos at Walmart for the kids. (is that an oxymoron---classy tattoos?) Anyway, Charlie and Cass were well covered. Cason opted for a small, tasteful tat that was some kind of heart and wings (?) and I wrote MOM above it in sharpie. CLASSY!


Looking tough with his tat!


Our next stop, after two big lake days, was Sea World!
Probably not the smartest idea since we were so tired from being on the boat. Regardless, the kids did really good. We had fun waiting in line for 30 minutes to ride the Shamu roller coaster. Cass and I are in the very back car and Amie and Charlie are in front of us. (I'm pointing at Jeremy in the picture)
Cason wasn't tall enough for the coaster, so he just sat and looked cool in his stroller!


This may be the only picture I got of the two of them together all day. The waterpark was a hit since it was SO STINKIN HOT all day!
I tried getting a pic of the 3 of them.....emphasize *TRIED :)

I snapped a couple of pictures of Cason that just looked cute.....
(This one cracks me up because I just told him we were going to see animals and he yelled at me, "I see sharks?!" :)

Checking out the sea lions

And we got to feed the dolphins. Cassidee could have stayed and petted them all day!

Feeding them some slimy little fish!

Another attempt at a group picture. I was so irritated at Cassidee because the boys were actually looking and she wasn't.

And then when she did look, she struck this pose. Really?! :)

Last show of the day....Shamu show. Hot, tired, sweaty, stinky, hungry, & sleepy, but LOVED the Shamu show!
We had good seats and Jeremy got some great pictures of the whales.
I loved Sea World! I think I'll just go when it's not so hot next time!


























No comments: