Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's not summer yet and I'm already HOT!!!!

Almost every time I tell people that I'm due August 2nd I get the response, "Bless your heart. You'll have to go through the summer heat pregnant." I'll admit---it annoyes me when someone says that. Yes, it's hot in Texas. But, I've lived with it for the past 29 years. I can make it one summer pregnant. Plus, I'm always freezing, so the warm weather may just regulate my internal body temperature.
-
But, I will admit, that I was pretty hot on Tuesday of this week. I got home from school, picked up Cassidee, and headed to my in-laws for a little pool time. I knew Cass wouldn't mind this one bit, so we put on her swimmy suit and some sun screen, just in case. She was perfectly content to stay on the top two steps since I didn't get in the water and we had a great 30 minutes outside! I need a little sun time anyway since my sister is getting married in 15 days and I don't want to look like a ghost in the wedding!




And, for those of you who are just dying to hear about Cason's room--again--we changed our mind about the bedding--again! I'm not even posting a picture this time. Seriously, I'm going to kill my husband---who keeps doing this to me---but I think we've finally decided, so now you'll just have to wait for pics of the finished product.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I probably knew this already, but it just clicked...your due date is Brayden's birthday. It's a great day!!! Glad you have a swimming pool to help you cool off!

Melissa Taylor said...

Been there - had a baby in September. I can't lie to you and say it's not too bad - it really is. As long as you know you are going to be miserable, it's bearable. The sacrifices that we make to bring babies into the world! It's worth it!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I am very cold-natured, too, and I think that helped when J.J. was on the way during the summer. Cassidee looks so sweet in her pool pictures. Her hat is so cute! And you've still got plenty of time to pick out bedding--Mama and I picked out Mary Nan's the month before she was born, and she never knew the difference. Y'all take care!

Tracy said...

Yep...I had Bryson in June and was hot as well. Like you, I am always the one that's cold, on the couch with a blanket. But when I was pregnant with Bryson, I stayed INSIDE and turned the air waaaaayyy down! You'll make it to Aug. with no problem...just probably a few high electricity bills :)